Monday, January 11

Mobile Trends 2020

At the turn of a decade it’s always worthwhile looking back to ones initial dreams.

In my case it was all about being at the forefront of innovation in the mobile space. From viewing my first mobile video in Helsinki to the first mobile augmented reality demo in Amsterdam. I had the chance to participate in and witness many interesting projects in mobile from the 1st row: as an entrepreneur, a strategist, a conference organizer, a blogger, a speaker and a networker with a mission to inspire others, to help them in the process of building new great things.

To this end I have been writing down my predictions in mobile & wireless for a couple of years now. This year I thought it was the time to move on and do something different, so I asked some of my personal heroes in mobile to write down their five most significant trends for the coming decade.

All of them have been of great inspiration to me during this decade: for their ideas, visions, talent, the capabilities to adapt and the perseverance to succeed whatever the situation. While I didn’t know any one of these great people 10 years ago, I’m glad to have met most of them and proud that some I can call them real friends.

View more documents from rudydw.

I’d like to thank everyone who contributed to this document including Howard Rheingold, Douglas Rushkoff, Marshall Kirkpatrick, Gerd Leonhard, Timo Arnall, Carlo Longino, Katrin Verclas, Atau Tanaka, Alan Moore, Marek Pawloski, Ajit Jaokar, Nicolas Nova, Inma Martinez, Tony Fish, Jonathan MacDonald, Willem Boijens, Carlos Domingo, Russ McGuire, Raimo van der Klein, Michael Breidenbruecker, Robert Rice, Steve O’Hear, Ted Morgan, Martin Duval, Andreas Constantinou, Fabien Girardin, Matthäus Krzykowski, Rich Wong, Andy Abramson, Ilja Laurs, David Wood, Stefan Constantinescu, Henri Moissinac, Kevin C. Tofel, Enrique C. Ortiz, Felix Petersen, Tom Hume and especially Steffen Becker for the visualisation.

I am in awe and grateful when I look at the wisdom and insight that these busy people were so happy to share with the world.

It is exactly in this spirit that I myself want to move on into the next decade. Convinced that more openness, knowledge sharing and collaboration is key to facing our global challenges, in 2009, I co-founded dotopen.com. A space at the fuzzy edges of innovation, dotopen.com will hopefully help many entrepreneurs and organizations across all industries to open up, exchange, collaborate, create and inspire.

I hope to meet you all there!

Creative Commons License


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

social bookmarks:
  • del.icio.us

  • Ma.gnolia

  • YahooMyWeb

  • Digg

  • Slashdot

  • StumbleUpon

  • Technorati

  • co.mments

  • email

  • Facebook

  • Google Bookmarks

  • LinkedIn

  • Meneame

  • MySpace

  • Ping.fm

  • SphereIt

  • Tumblr

  • TwitThis

  • Share/Bookmark

Posted via web from sophie's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment